One time in sixth grade I was being bullied really badly, and this whole circle of people gathered around me and the girl that was bullying me, and she smirked and went ‘You dumb rich bitch.’ And everyone was like OOOOOOH and I stood there for a second before pulling 20 dollars out of my wallet, placed it in her hand, and said “Buy some better insults.” And I swear the entire lunchroom rioted.
How the Logic of "Friendzoning" Would Work If Applied in Other Instances:
- *Man walks into a store and finds employee*
- Man: Alright, I've had enough. Why haven't you guys hired me?!
- Employee: Uh...well sir, when did you put in your application?
- Man: I never filled out an application.
- Employee: Well sir, we can't consider you for employment if you've never filled out an application.
- Man: No, that's bullshit, because I've been coming here for years now, and every single time I tell you all how much I love this store and how much I appreciate your customer service, unlike some of your other customers might I add!
- Employee: Well, but that doesn't-
- Man: AND I even told you that I didn't have a job!
- Employee: But sir, that doesn't indicate to us that you would like a job at our store. And again, if you've never filled out an application, we can't consider you. Besides, we're not hiring.
- Man: OH! Not hiring, HA! What a laugh. I see your store go through seasonal workers all the time. They come and go like nothing, but you won't consider me as a part-time employee even though I KNOW you've been looking for workers to fill positions? That's insane!
- Employee: Sir, we've been looking to hire a few people for management positions. Do you have any management experience?
- Man: Well no, but what does that matter?
- Employee: ...Well sir, that's what we're looking for. You won't be suitable for the position without management experience.
- Man: Oh that's such a load of crap. You know, you'll be waiting around a long time for a manager if you don't lower your standards a little. Who cares if someone knows how to manage a store? I LOVE this store and I'm willing to work here, that's all that should matter to you.
- Employee: That...doesn't make any sense.
- Man: NO! I'm done. This is over. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
- Man: Fuck you, slut.
I don’t get these posts that go like “part of me wants to be a hot girl at the bar and the other part of me wants to read and sip tea in a bookstore”
like you can wear red lipstick and a leather jacket and sip tea and dance in the rain and go to the gym and curl up in bed and get turnt the fuck up and go to church
you can literally have it all sis
the world is yours
This is the most inspiring thing I have ever read
Another NYC billboard…
This one is messed up!
It IS messed up that that billboard is stating a FACT. The fact that over one half of all African American pregnancies end in abortion. The fact that 80+% of abortion mills are in minority neighborhoods.
It IS messed up.
And yet WE are the racist ones.
yes, you are the racist ones.
where are you after those brown babies are born? do you speak up when they’re hunted down and beaten by the police? do you speak up against a system that systematically works to oppress them, making the decision to have a child so much harder because having a child is so much more than giving birth? are you going to help pay for their healthcare? schooling? housing? food? Where are you when it comes to discussing why the fuck is the system made so that PoC have less access to a better education, financial aid, work etc.
Don’t pretend to care about brown babies when they’re beaten and killed every day and you people are no where to be found.
Racist piece of shit.
Reblogging for trrruuuth
latinagabi dropping them truth bombs
reblogging for that paragraph ^^
A few years ago, I read an article where the mother of this child was actually upset at how her daughter’s photo was used.
Reminder that the claim that 80% of abortion clinics are located in minority neighborhoods is a complete and utter lie propagated by anti-choicers. The real percentage of abortion clinics located in predominantly black neighborhoods is 9%.
63% are located near neighborhoods that are made up of mostly non-hispanic white people. [x]
But of course instead of maybe taking a look at the reason many PoC seek out abortions, anti-choicers would rather make up statistics and cry “I’m not racist! Pro-choicers are racist because they let PoC make their own decisions!”
(I also love that these kinds of statements come straight from people who will appropriate tragedies like slavery, genocide, or the murder of PoC and pretend they’re equivalent to abortion. So not racist.)
I say that I “hate people” but really I’m just too lazy to say “My social anxiety makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and awkward around other people therefore I find it difficult to socialize with them.”
I say that I “hate life”, but really, I’m just too lazy to say “The challenges that I am currently facing, combined with my fears about the future are bringing me down, therefore I find it difficult to motivate myself.”